AFLA EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING GUIDELINES
We encourage you to share your knowledge and expertise with AFLA members through our on-demand learning platform for members. Participants include corporate fleet managers, fleet management companies, dealers, manufacturers and remarketers who are eager to enhance their own professional development and improve the quality of their fleet programs.
Presenters who are selected to lead an AFLA educational session will receive complimentary registration for the program they are scheduled to present. Please help us meet the professional development needs of corporate fleet professionals by submitting a proposal below. Topics will be chosen based on the clarity of presentation summary, appropriateness of topic, relevancy, participatory format and a reference check. Accepted presenters will be notified via email at least two months before the presentation date.
We are looking for presentations that will:
- Explicate recent or current research;
- Enhance the knowledge, skills, and self-care of those working in fleet management;
- Impart new information;
- Share promising strategies and effective practices, especially with corporate fleets;
- Depict creative programs and services; and
- Demonstrate innovative ideas/solutions.
While topics related to annual and/or programming themes will be given preference, we encourage submission of other topics of interest to fleet management. Submissions will be evaluated by members of the AFLA Virtual Learning Task Force. Criteria for selection will include:
- Appropriateness of subject matter, i.e., relevance to attendees and members;
- An understanding of the context of the presentation;
- Potential for facilitating an ongoing exchange;
- Explanation of how the presentation addresses and/or integrates the fleet aspects/needs of diverse corporations
Programs will be promoted through email blasts, social media postings and have a listing on the website homepage.
If your proposal is chosen, the below AFLA Educational Programming Requirements will apply.
AFLA Educational Programming Requirements
- Create your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint or Prezi. Prior to using other software, please contact AFLA staff to confirm compatibility.
- Please provide a copy of your presentation to AFLA staff for final review and approval at least two weeks prior to your session
- During the presentation, speaker(s) will not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any company, product or service and speaker(s) will not disparage AFLA or its members in any way. Presentations should be brand agnostic to the fullest extent possible.
- Presentation, PowerPoint slides and content will be customized for AFLA. Use of company or brand specific logos on every slide is not permitted.
- Speaker agrees to notify AFLA staff immediately in the event that an emergency would prevent Speaker from meeting obligations as a content leader.
- Speaker grants AFLA a royalty-free license to use, reproduce and distribute presentation (including recording and PowerPoint presentations) with appropriate attribution to the Speaker.
- Speaker agrees that association-specific content provided to Speaker by AFLA for presentation will not be used in any way except in connection with this or other AFLA programs.
- To the best of their knowledge, Speaker’s presentation does not violate proprietary or personal rights of others (including any copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. Speaker has the full authority to enter into this agreement and has obtained necessary permissions or licenses from individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in the presentation.
- Speaker authorizes AFLA to use their name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the program.
- Speaker provides consent for AFLA to record the presentation in audio and/or visual form. Speaker understands that AFLA will be the sole copyright owner of the recording and can make content available to Members and partnering associations, along with any supporting materials. Upon request, AFLA will provide Speaker with one complimentary copy of the recording, however, Speaker agrees not to sell, distribute, stream over the Web or otherwise use the recording in any way other than for personal, archival use, except with the prior written consent of AFLA.