Approved by the AFLA Board of Directors on December 1, 2017
Purpose of the 50th Anniversary Task Force:
The 50th Anniversary Task Force is charged with making AFLA’s 50th anniversary year in 2019 one to remember for past and current members of the AFLA community.
Responsibilities and Authority of the 50th Anniversary Task Force:
1. Brainstorm ideas that will highlight AFLA’s anniversary including conference activities, recognition, etc.
2. Locate and communicate with past AFLA leaders as necessary
3. Identify and locate any commemorative AFLA items for inclusion in celebration
4. Any other activities as assigned by the AFLA Board of Directors or Conference Task Force
Organization of the 50th Anniversary Task Force:
1. The task force shall consist of a minimum of three members.
2. The Board of Directors shall appoint the task force chair.
3. The task force shall be governed by the AFLA bylaws and policy set forth by the AFLA Board of Directors.
4. The task force shall report to the person who will be chairing the AFLA 2019 Corporate Fleet Conference.
Operations of the 50th Anniversary Task Force:
1. The task force shall keep minutes of its meetings.
2. The task force will be responsible for reviewing and submitting all Sub-Task Force reports and minutes to AFLA staff for reporting purposes to the Board of Directors and for record keeping.
3. The task force must perform within the income/expense parameters established in the AFLA annual budget as approved by the Board of Directors. Any unbudgeted expenses must be approved by the Board of Directors or as otherwise specified in the AFLA Finance Policy.
4. The task force will prepare on an annual basis an Annual Report of the status and accomplishments of the committee during the prior year. This report will be forwarded to the Board of Directors at least three weeks in advance of the AFLA Annual Meeting.